• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BunkumBucks

BunkumBucks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 23 2013 - 07:25 AM

Hello I am new to the forum and also to the deer business, I have decided I want to go into owning a deer farm sometime ago now I am eager to try and get started. I have contacted a few farmers within 50 miles to make arrangements to see their facilities. I am in the learning process and would like any and all feedback and help. Thanks very much

#2 Four Seasons Whitetails

Four Seasons Whitetails

• Members
  • 2,692 posts

Posted October 23 2013 - 01:01 PM

Hello I am new to the forum and also to the deer business, I have decided I want to go into owning a deer farm sometime ago now I am eager to try and get started. I have contacted a few farmers within 50 miles to make arrangements to see their facilities. I am in the learning process and would like any and all feedback and help. Thanks very much

Welcome to your latest addiction! You are on the right track. Visit farms and learn. I would say..Slow and Steady..would be your best route. I would tell you to not get caught up in the high dollar hype and buy good stuff that wont break the bank and will make you great looking bucks!

Four Season Whitetails
Mike & Angie Kerry
Evans Mills, NY 13637

Home to some of Ny's finest bred whitetails!

www.fourseasonwhitetails.com

#3 Hershey's Huntin Haven

Hershey's Huntin Haven

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted October 23 2013 - 04:26 PM

Bunkumbucks. I live in Russellville. I'll send you a pm with my number. Join our sate organization. KALA ( Kentucky alternative Lvestock association). There are several people that can help you.

#4 Hershey's Huntin Haven

Hershey's Huntin Haven

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted October 23 2013 - 04:26 PM

Livestock association

#5 clay

clay

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted October 23 2013 - 05:43 PM

Hey my name is clay from ashland ky. Give me a call anytime, love to talk deer, and help in anyway i can.606-928-3990
Clay Blevins
Trace Country Whitetails
606-928-3990
Tracecountrywhitetails@yahoo.com

#6 mulberry river whitetails

mulberry river whitetails

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted October 23 2013 - 06:45 PM

I install high fencing with very competitive prices. Call any time! Glad to help and welcome. Creation Outdoors- 256-339-6003
Jeremy Hudson
Mulberry River Whitetails
Creation Outdoors Fencing

#7 BunkumBucks

BunkumBucks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 29 2013 - 09:46 AM

Thanks for all the responses everyone! I have been searching the KY Department of Fish and Wildlife website to find the permit applications but can't anywhere. If any KY farmers could help me out I would appreciate it, thanks.

Jordan Holder

270-881-2334

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users